Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sample Parole Letter

This is a sample parole letter. Fill in the areas with your personal information, or delete what info you do not wish to include in your letter. A parole letter should be short and to the point. Good luck.


Your name

Your Address

Your City, State & zip code

Date

Re: (Name & prison ID number of loved-one)

Dear Sir/Madam; (If you know the name of the parole board member use it, if not use sir/madam)

My name is (Your name) and I am writing this letter on behalf of my (husband, son, friend, etc), (name of loved-one and prison I.D. number). This letter is to ask that you vote positively to grant him parole when he appears before the Parole Board, on (date of appearance before parole board).

I understand, and I will never forget, that (love-ones name) was sent to prison for committing crimes that will have lasting negative effects on the lives of many innocent people. I would never disrespect the seriousness of his behavior by offering an excuse to the board members. All I can say is that (name of loved-one) has worked very hard while he has been incarcerated to make himself a better person, deserving of another chance in society.

Should you decide to grant him parole, his family will be there to support, encourage and motivate him through a successful transition and progression into a positive member of society.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

3 comments:

Melinda Toguchi said...

Thank you so much for this sample letter, I just found my brother and I need a letter like this to help him. Your an angel :)

SOCORRO said...

melinda do you have to re-word it or did you copy this letter?

JAZMINE hanson said...

THANK YOU THIS WAS A BIG HELP IM DOING THIS FOR MY BROTHER I DID A LITTLE RE WORDING BUT IT RELLY HELPED THANK YOU